This article will list a few options that you can consider when it comes to the best road bike tires. They are listed by rating from most popular to least popular but are all considered to be some of the best out there. Many people are choosing a greener way to travel nowadays. These days bikers rule many of the roads and if your bike tires are looking a little ragged, it may mean replacement time for you.
During your search for those best road bike tires, you ultimately would like something lightweight, fast, puncture resistant, and likely a few other requests. However, it may be unlikely you will find that perfect tire. So, where do you turn to learn about some of the best road bike tires?
1. MICHELIN Pro 4 Endurance Folding Road Tire
Recommended for: Perfect for long distance riders and commuting
- Special compounds give tires a rigid tread in the center for longer life and softer on the edges to give you improved grip on turns and in rainy weather.
- Tires are denser and built heavy duty. Thus, they will minimize vibration.
- Moderately priced for a long lasting road tire
These Pro4’s created by Michelin hold up to the company’s reputation for endurance and performance. With a heavy duty mid-section, these tires will give you your money’s worth in distance. They also have a softer edge to give you confidence around turns, even in wet weather.
2. Goodyear 91064 Folding Bead Road Bike Tire
Recommended for: Road riding and commuting
- Budget-friendly tires that are still good quality
- Simple, yet durable general road tire design
- Made by a trustworthy company that knows tires
Goodyear has been a go-to retailer for automobile tires that are dependable and affordable. They have gotten into producing bicycle tires as they watch the market for bike rider’s rise. With some forward-thinking strategy, Goodyear has since put lines of tires out for mountain biking, road biking, gravel, and commuting.
3. Sunlite Road Raised Center CST638 Tire
Recommended for: Recreational Riding
- Raised tire center gives you low rolling resistance
- Tread design will work on many types of terrain
- Tire design has shoulder knobs which give added grip for turns
Related: Best Gravel Bikes – Top 7 in 2018
4. Bell Road Bike Tire with KEVLAR
Recommended for: Street riding, leisure, and commuting
- The Bell Road Bike Tires will fit many older model bicycles
- Foldable bead tire makes it possible to keep an extra one on hand
- Thick and grippy treads allow you to ride in any weather condition
If you are looking for a nice basic tire that will give you plenty of road time, this Sunlite tire is worth looking into. It is easy to install and gives you a raised center to help with road grip and durability. The price of this best road bike tires option is terrific as well.
5. Pirelli PZero Velo 4S Road Bike Tire
Recommended for: Racing, fast riding, competition, on or off-roading
- Includes a unique tread pattern to help divert water from the tire
- Designed for optimal road contact and footprint
- Anisotropic oriented giving your ride high rolling proficiency and an ability to minimize heat and increase elasticity which reduces energy dissipation.
Do you like to ride fast? Do you like getting out there no matter what Mother Nature throws at you? Then this best road bike tires option is calling your name. Designed to handle any type of weather, this tire wicks away water quickly and has integrated layers to resist any punctures.
As people turn to bicycle as an alternative to driving automobiles for a greener option, the tire industry will only get bigger and offer more choices. You may be newer to the bicycling scene because you recently found joy in leisurely riding, or maybe you have decided to commute to work in this method. Whatever your reason, choosing tires can make a big difference in the comfortability, safety, and efficiency of your ride. This list of best road bike tires has highlighted a few of the many out there.
Which tires have you found to be the most reliable? In what capacity do you use them? Comments are appreciated in the designated area of this page.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links from Amazon in this article and our website may receive a commission for purchases made through the links we shared. This partnership does NOT affect the price of the product, nor does it influence our objectivity, as we only review products we consider high-quality and ideal for all adventure-seekers.