Finding the best electric scooter for kids may seem challenging with all of the options available to choose from. Thankfully, there are some features and characteristics of some scooters that make them stand out from the competition. This list highlights seven of the best options available for kids based on customer reviews and experiences.
7. Ride On Electric Moped Scooter
- Cute electric moped for girls ages 7-14 years
- 24V battery and 250W motor provide great power and range
- Enhanced safety specifications including rubber street tires
- Rosso Sports Inc
Recommended for: children between 3 and 8 years old and under 55 LBs (24.9 kg)
Unlike other scooters, this sit-down version has three wheels and provides endless fun. The scooter has a built-in 6V battery that provides up to 45-minutes of continual fun for riders. This is one of the best electric scooters for kids just getting started. Having the ability to sit down while riding allows them to get used to motorized toys without having to balance standing up.
6. Pulse Performance Electric Scooter
- Age Range: 8 years and up
- Speeds up to 8 mph through 80W chain driven motor are perfect for beginner riders
- Thumb actuated throttle with Push-To-Go technology and integrated foot brake
- Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H) 31.00 x 18.00 x 35.00 Inches
Recommended for: beginner children over 8 and under 120 LBs (54.43 kg)
This is the best electric scooter for kids starting with their first electric scooter. The scooter has a built-in safety feature that disables the battery until it is activated by push-to-go movement. This ensures the scooter is in the correct position before taking off. This scooter has rear brakes that ensure riders remain in control without the possibility of rolling forward.
5. Razor Seated Electric Scooter
- Boasting a high-torque, ultra-quiet chain-driven motor and a handy twist-grip throttle
- High-performance motor with speeds up to 15mph
- Powered by a long lasting rechargeable 24V Seal battery system
- Features a hand operated rear brake, spring loaded kickstand, extra wide 10-inch pneumatic tires and a removable ridding seat
- Super-sized deck and frame for riders of all sizes
Recommended for: very experienced riders
This seated electric scooter is the best electric scooter for kids that have a lot of experience riding. This scooter can go up to 15 MPH/ 24 KPH, which is a lot higher than most other models. The seat is comfortable but doubles as a safety feature so riders can remain in control as they go top speeds.
4. Razor E325 Electric Scooter
- Electric scooter with extra large deck frame for older kid/teen riders
- Ultra quiet chain drive motor reaches speeds of up to 15 miles per hour
- Extra wide, smooth rolling 10 inch pneumatic tires
- Variable speed acceleration; twist grip throttle
- Twist grip throttle offers variable speed acceleration
Recommended for: experienced riders and teens
This stand-up scooter allows drivers to go up to 15 MPH/ 24 KPH while balancing on the strong metal frame. This scooter is the best electric scooter for kids and teens. The hand controller allows users to control their speeds easier as they turn the grip to accelerate.
3. Razor E200 Electric Scooter
- 10 mph speed with 100W DC motor and chain drive
- 6 miles cruise range with rechargeable 12V 7Ah SLA battery
- Easy thumb-control throttle
- High visibility LED running lights for cool ground effect lighting
- Hand-activated rear brake for optimum braking performance
Recommended for: all level of riders over 13-years old
The extra-wide deck makes this the best electric scooter for kids of all experience levels. Riders are able to grip the deck for better control as they ride up to 12 MPH/ 19.31 KPH. This scooter has an ultra-quiet motor and twist-grip controls that allow users to accelerate at their own preference as they ride. The 24V battery provides up to 40 minutes of continuous ride.
2. EcoSmart Metro Electric Scooter
- Battery-powered electric sit-down scooter with bamboo deck and powder coated frame for emissions-free transportation
- 500-watt extra high torque motor; 36 volt electrical system; variable speed throttle control
- Ultra padded seat; adjustable handlebar rake and seat; detachable luggage rack/rear fender
- Rear disc braking system; standard bicycle-size 16-inch pneumatic tube tires on spoke wheels
- 90-day warranty; comes with assembly tools included
Recommended for: older kids, teens
This Metro electric scooter is an excellent choice for older kids. The higher weight limit allows riders to use this as this grow into adulthood. This would make a great option for riding to school, going around town, and just having fun out. The 36V battery runs up to 18 MPH/ 28.96 KPH for 60-minutes, making it an excellent choice for longer rides around town. The bamboo deck is stylish and eco-friendly. The seat is ultra-comfortable, and the rear basket provides adequate storage for school or sports equipment.
Frame: metal and wood
Fork: metal, adjustable
Wheels: 16-inch pneumatic tube tires
Brakes: hand controlled, rear wheel
Weight: 86 LBs/ 39 kg
1. Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter
Recommended for: kids 12 and up, up to 150 LBs (68 kg)
- Your child will love to zoom around the neighborhood on this Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Electric Scooter
- Vintage-inspired Mod design and high performance electric motor provide the perfect mix of utility and style
- Can travel up to 10 miles on a single charge
- Variable-speed acceleration, reaches speeds up to 15 miles per hour
- Single speed, chain driven motor for maximum power transfer
This Pocket Mod electric scooter is an excellent choice for kids. This scooter is designed to go up to 15 MPH/ 24 KPH and can travel up to 10 miles on a single charge. Users can change the speed as they drive with hand accelerators. This scooter is designed with under seat storage, allowing riders to stow away small items they need to transport with them. The large tires provide a smooth ride on rough or smooth surfaces. There is a retractable center-mounted kickstand that allows users to place their scooter in a standing position while it is not in use.
These scooters are all motorized and range in speeds appropriate for children as they grow. Whether you are looking for a starter option or one for advanced scooter users, this list provides an excellent option for everyone. Above all, we find the Pocket Mod by Razor to be the best option available on the market today. This scooter provides a smooth and stable ride, can accommodate a higher weight limit, and the price is perfect. What are your thoughts on this scooter and the rest of the scooters on this list?
Disclosure: There are affiliate links from Amazon in this article and our website may receive a commission for purchases made through the links we shared. This partnership does NOT affect the price of the product, nor does it influence our objectivity, as we only review products we consider high-quality and ideal for all adventure-seekers.