When it comes to bicycling, there are several apps available to help riders track their time and distances. Each of these apps can help them work on both short- and long-term goals regarding distances and speeds. There are several apps available on the market today that prove effective in helping riders; however, there are seven that stand out from the competition as being more beneficial. These seven best cycling app options were chosen due to their specific characteristics as well as user ratings.
7. 007KK Bike Speedometer Bike Computer
- 【LCD Digital Display】The large LCD display guarantees you can read your statistics from the bicycle speedometer easily.
- 【Applicable】Road bicycles, mountain bikes, folding bikes,and other common bicycles are compatible with this bicycle computer. This bicycle computer MAY NOT be compatible with some electric-assist bicycles. If the computer display, sensor, and magnet can be installed within the specified distances device should be fully compatible. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
- 【Easy to Install & Use】It is easy to follow instructions, great basic functions of the speedometer and very specific tire size that enable accurate calculations.
- 【Multi-functions】Small Size, Light Weight, Wireless & Waterproof design make the bicycle odometer more convenient and durable. It works well to Measure Speed, Distance and Riding time, especially suitable for cycling or fitness enthusiasts.
- 【Day & Night Backlight】Green & White color on the odometer display to distinguish between Day and Night. Please note the slight rattle sound from device is normal phenomenon, which results from the design of wireless automatic function.
Recommended for: all-weather riders
The 007KK bike computer is one of the best cycling app options on the market today for all-weather riders due to its waterproof design. This app is extremely easy to install and operates for hours on only one 23A battery. An exceptional feature of this app is that it has an auto-off sensor. The app will not activate until it feels shaking from the bicycling. This proves to be highly beneficial for preserving battery life. The wheel sensors are wireless and work well to track distances for the app.
6. Garmin Edge 1030, 3.5″ GPS Cycling/Bike Computer
Recommended for: serious trainers
The Garmin Edge is by far the best cycling app for serious trainers looking to improve their speed and distance. This GPS works exceptionally well at helping riders plan their routes. The computer features several built-in apps and bike coaching programs that help riders improve their overall performance. With an excellent battery life up to 20-hours, this little computer packs power, durability, and quality in a tiny box that mounts securely and beautifully flush on your handlebar.
5. Wahoo Blue Speed and Cadence Sensor
- Track and capture real-time speed, cadence and distance on your iPhone, Android, and bike computer. NOTE:Kindly refer the user manual before usage of the product.
- Connects wirelessly via Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT+ to your iPhone, Android and/or bike computer. The magnet will have to pass within 1/8 inch to get a reading
- Works with Zwift and TrainerRoad! Capture cadence on your favorite indoor cycling platform, No tangled wires on your bike to connect the sensor to your device.
- Also works with the free Wahoo Fitness app, Strava, RideWithGPS, MapMyRide, Cyclemeter, and more!. Supported iDevices: iPhone,iPhone 4S and newer,iPad,iPad (3rd gen and newer),iPod ,iPod Touch (5th gen)
- Lightweight and easy to install, comes with both rubber band and zip tie mounts. Universal fit - works with most bikes and frame sizes.
Recommended for: any rider with Bluetooth devices
This is the best cycling app for anyone with an iPhone, Android, or bike computer. This app connects to remote devices via Bluetooth connection, allowing you to use multiple fitness apps to track your speed, distance, and location through an easy-to-install and convenient to use app.
4. Wahoo Element Bike Computer
Recommended for: cross country riders
This is the best cycling app for individuals that are driven to improve their performance. This computer is large and displays a variety of useful information for users. This app can be accessed on Android devices via Bluetooth connection and can sync with numerous other apps to monitor every aspect of your training. This app is completely wireless and contains a clean and easy-to-navigate design.
3. CatEye Padrone
- ALL YOUR FAVORITE STATS: Displays current, max, and average speed, total distance, trip distance, elapsed time, and clock.
- SAVE YOUR MILES: With the option to manually set the odometer, you don't have to start over every time you change the battery.
- FOCUS ON THE RIDE, NOT THE SCREEN: Don't let navigating menus or buttons get in the way of enjoying your ride. Simply press the base of the unit to toggle through functions.
- SECURE AND GO: With our FlexTight Bracket, you can easily mount, adjust, and move your computer by hand. Spend less time setting up your gear and more time on the road.
- DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STOPS: Caught at a red light? Stopping for coffee? We've got you covered. Your CatEye computer knows when you've stopped and automatically stops counting time and averaging speed.
Recommended for: fast riders that desire a simple set up
The creators of CatEye took input from users in order to develop this new and improved device. This app features a larger screen that is easy to read, even on the go. The universal speed sensors work very well with a wide variety of bikes, producing accurate speeds and distances every time. This app device comes in four different colors so you can find the one that fits your style with ease.
2. Garmin Edge 520
- Offers in-ride challenges through Strava live segments ; Water rating is IPX7. Reports cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power and heart rate
- Pairs with compatible ANT+ indoor trainers for data display and control.Battery life up to 15 hours
- Tracks Functional Threshold Power (FTP), watts/kg and cycling dynamics when used with Vector or Vector 2 power meters. On-device segment compatibility for dynamic and engaging in-ride competition
- Connected features: automatic uploads, live tracking, smart notifications, send/receive courses, social media sharing, weather
- Display resolution is 200 x 265 pixels. Android requirements is 4.4 os or later. Bluetooth 4.0 or later. Apple requirements is ios 10.0 or later, compatible with iphone, ipad and ipod touch
Recommended for: riders looking for a challenge
This app by Garmin tracks distance, speed, and location. In addition to providing riders a useful tool for tracking their progress, this app has Strava live segments included to challenge riders and help them improve their overall performance. This device allows riders to automatically upload their information to another device in order to track and share how they perform.
1. Garmin Edge 130
- Compact easy-to-use GPS bike computer
- Simplified, rugged design with 1.8” display that’s crisp and easy to read in sunlight or low-light conditions
- With GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellites and an altimeter, you’ll know how far, fast, hard and high you’ve ridden on the longest climbs or on your way through the city
- Compatible with varia cycling awareness accessories, including rearview Radar and smart bike lights
- Connected features when using a compatible device include smart notifications, weather and more; live track and assistance Features make it easy to share your location
Recommended for: casual riders
This app by Garmin is a great option for individuals that enjoy a long ride. This app allows you to tracking time, distance, and location via LiveTrack and communicate with friends and family on-the-go. Wherever you go, this GPS allows you to navigate with ease and connect to other devices to challenge yourself on the ride. This device is a more compact than others, allowing it to fit on your bike without getting in the way of brake cables. The improved function allows you to connect to Strava Live Segments and race other riders in real time.
Finding the best cycling app for your specific need does not have to be a challenge. This list highlights seven of the best apps available on the market, outlining the unique features that make them each stand out from the competition. Have you used any of the apps provided on this list? Feel free to share how they helped you!
Last update on 2022-09-27 at 14:30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API