Whether you are out on the road riding in the rain or hammering your way around muddy terrain on your BMX or mountain bike, bike fenders serve an important role in keeping your dry and keeping the spray out of your eyes. Finding the best bike fenders for your bike requires some shopping around and comparing various options to suit your specific bike as well as your needs and preferences.
Our reviews are designed to help you compare several important features of various fender models such as type, size and how much weight they will add onto your bike. We’ll take a look at a few of these features along with the versatility and built-in value of 7 top bike fenders so that you can make a better-qualified decision whenever it comes time to purchase fenders for your bike.
7. Firmstrong Beach Cruiser Bicycle Fender Set
- Painted front and rear steel fender set for 26-inch diameter wheels on Firmstrong Urban Man and Urban Lady beach cruiser bicycles
- Heavy duty steel construction
- Fenders help deflect road spray and mud away from you when riding
- All brackets and hardware included; mount to axles
- Fenders fit most other 26-inch beach cruiser bikes with 2-Inch or 2.125-Inch tires and connection points on fork and rear dropout
Recommended for: Riding a beach cruiser
- These are heavy-duty steel fenders to deflect rocks, sand, and water.
- They are designed for wider beach cruiser tires.
- These fenders come at a reasonable price and are easy to install.
Among the best bike fenders in our review is the Firmstrong Beach Cruiser Bicycle Fender Set. These fenders are there to do a specific job when you are riding your beach cruiser bike. They prevent sand, mud, rocks, and water from being tossed up into your face or back while you ride the beach.
These heavy-duty steel fenders are built for wider tire beach cruiser bikes and provide full coverage on both the front and rear wheels and they come with all the necessary hardware to mount them on the axles of your bike. However, one downside would be that they aren’t going to win any beauty contests. Plus, there is no indentation to accommodate rear hand-style brakes.
6. Planet Bike Hardcore Hybrid Fenders
- Easy to install: Pre installed hardware for easy installation on your bike
- Classic polycarbonate plastic design: includes front safety tabs for added safety
- Mud flaps provide additional coverage: 40mm mud flaps provide ultimate coverage and are double-riveted for durability
- Not all disc brake compatible: No long bolts or spacers included with product so it might not fit all disc brake mounts
- Run up to 35mm wide tires: fender width is 45mm and recommended for tires up to 35mm wide
Recommended for: Almost any bike
- These fenders are constructed of durable polycarbonate with stainless steel mounting hardware.
- They can be easily adjusted and installed on nearly any bike.
- You get excellent protection from mud splatter with the addition of the mud flaps.
These Planet Bike Hardcore Hybrid Fenders are among the best bike fenders on our list because they can function on a wide variety of bike styles and types. They are made of polycarbonate material for both durability and flexibility. All of the mounting hardware is stainless steel for longer wear and are quickly adjustable to accommodate various sizes and types of bikes.
Included on these fenders are double riveted mud flaps to help extract mud from the fenders and leave it behind you. However, there are some difficulties with the front bracket on some bike types. Another downside could be that they only come in black.
5. Handsome Cycles Black Aluminum Fenders
- Full coverage 880mm length front fender.
- Included cork to space out rear fender at bb bridge and take out rattle.
- PVC coated aluminum bridge clip that holds tight and won't let go.
- Leather washers to reduce rattle and look stylish.
- Powder coated finish for durability and protection from weather.
Recommended for: Experienced users who know how to install them
- The durable aluminum construction with its powder coated finish will stand up to all types of weather.
- Cork spacers and leather washers in the mounting hardware eliminate rattles and squeaks.
- The rear fender is adjustable to fit your personal preference.
The best bike fenders will be unnoticeable on most bikes; a prime example are these Handsome Cycles Black Aluminum Fenders. Constructed of lightweight, powder-coated aluminum; these fenders are durable enough to stand up to whatever the road throws at them. They are easily mounted with cork spacers and leather washers to eliminate rattles and squeaks.
They provide full coverage over for the front fender of a 700c x 45mm bike and provide a clean, attractive finish. Remember that these fenders can be a challenge to install even if you know what you’re doing. Plus, some users complain that they need constant adjustment.
4. TOCC-Senlai Adjustable Road Mountain Bike Bicycle Cycling Tire Front/Rear Mud Guards Mudguard Fenders Set
No products found.
Recommended for: Off-road trips
- These durable PA, environmental friendly fenders are tough and dry out quickly.
- They are wide enough to provide greater protection from mud and flying debris.
- These fenders are adjustable to fit a wide variety of sizes of bikes.
It is hard to beat the versatility of these TOCC-Senlai Adjustable Road Mountain Bike Front and Rear Fenders. These are among the best bike fenders for those who like to take their bikes off-road. They are lightweight and made of quick-drying material.
Their width will provide you with the best protection possible to block flying debris and mud coming up off of your tires. They are adjustable to fit bikes from 16” all the way up to 700c. Several users were not happy with the way these fenders were mounted and their clamps. Finally, they don’t work as well on the larger tires as on the smaller ones.
3. SKS RaceBlade Pro XL Black Fenders
- Designed for 700C tires up to 32mm in width
- Adapts to the radius of the wheel by adjusting the length of stays
- Front fender length 565mm
- Rear fender length 730mm
- Approx weight - 365g
Recommended for: Racing
- These fenders are durable, but also lightweight for racing.
- They are versatile and easy to attach and remove.
- Adjustment is easy, making them a great option for various bikes in the same class.
These lightweight SKS RaceBlade Pro XL Black Fenders were built for those who race. When racing in less than perfect conditions, you will need plenty of help to eliminate flying mud and splattering water. These fenders can be adapted to fit the radius of each specific bike and are easy to install even on bikes with disc brakes or direct mount brakes.
Included on these fenders are extra-long mud flaps to help keep down spray and attachment and detachment are quick and easy due to the double-hinged quick-release fitting system. On the downside, these fenders mount a little bit further away from the tire and therefore miss some of the spray coming off of the tires. Moreover, the initial installation and setup can be a little bit finicky according to some users.
2. Right Options Adjustable Mountain Bicycle Bike Front/Rear Mud Guards Mudguard Fenders Set
Recommended for: Road or mountain bikes
- These fenders are made of very lightweight PVC but do a great job of holding up under tough conditions.
- They are wide enough to prevent heavy splatter.
- These are very affordable fenders that do what they were designed to do.
The Right Options Adjustable Mountain Bike Fenders Set is a solid, lightweight option at a price that is impossible to refuse. The material is heavy-duty PVC, will fit any bike from 24 to 26” and fit seat rod diameters less than 34mm on any road or mountain bike.
They are easily adjustable and weigh well under a ½ pound. The downside is that they are a little bit too short for mountain bikes for adults. Plus, the mounting hardware could be a little bit more substantial according to some users.
1. SKS Raceblade Long Bicycle Fender Set
- Designed for 700C tires up to 25mm in width
- Adapts to the radius of the wheel by adjusting the length of stays
- Front fender length 519mm
- Rear fender length 680mm
- Approx weight - 355g
- These fenders are durable and precision built for the perfect fit on road bikes designed for racing.
- They have a longer coverage range and fit closer to the wheel to eliminate more spray.
- The lightweight design of these fenders allows you to stay competitive while still providing the protection you need.
Hardcore road-racers will love this SKS Raceblade Long Bicycle Fender Set. This lightweight fender set aims to fit the needs of those who want their bike to fly, but still, keep them dry in less than favorable conditions. These are extra-long fenders for road bikes with tires up to 25mm in width. They are easy to adjust in order to fit the radius of the wheel on your road bike by adjusting the length of the stays.
Moreover, they provide a close, snug fit to the wheel to prevent splatter, but mount firmly and stay clear of the operation of the wheel and do not rattle or squeak. Their weight won’t bog you down so you can remain competitive, but still get the full coverage you need from your fenders. One minus is that the front extension can start flapping if the road you are riding on isn’t perfectly smooth. Finally, they are a little bit too delicate for rougher road riding.
The wide variety of bike types and styles makes it difficult to select the right fenders to protect you from spray, mud, and debris that you kick up off of the road or off-road track. Using our review of the best bike fenders as a means of comparison, you should be better qualified to make the best buying decision when it comes to selecting your next set of bike fenders.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links from Amazon in this article and our website may receive a commission for purchases made through the links we shared. This partnership does NOT affect the price of the product, nor does it influence our objectivity, as we only review products we consider high-quality and ideal for all adventure-seekers.
Last update on 2021-12-04 at 17:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API