Do you want to buy a scooter to get back and forth from work? With so many great brands to choose from, you may find it somewhat confusing at first on which one you should choose. Figuring out which ones are good can be tricky, but we have simplified it with some of the best adult scooter options this year. Read on to learn more about their features and specs.
7. Razor A5
Recommended for: taller riders
Standout features: no assembly needed, easy to fold up and ready to go, foam grips, adjustable handlebars
This scooter has been built and intended for the taller riders, and they’re the most likely to get the most from this ride. After people tested the Razor A5, it was found to be one of the best adult scooter options because of how you have a well-built unit that is also compact. The wheels are big so that curb cuts and bumps never pose a real obstacle.
|Frame||T-tube and deck|
|Wheels||Extra large 200mm urethane wheels|
|Brakes||Patented rear fender brake|
|Weight||9.4 pounds (4.2 kg)|
Bonus read: Best 50cc Scooters – Top 7 in 2018
6. Fuzion Cityguide Adult Kick Scooter
Recommended for: fast riders, everyday use
Standout features: stop safely with the giant rear break, will support riders who weigh as much as 220 pounds (100 kg), adjustable ride height
In many ways, the Cityguide has a superior design compared to the A5. Another reason to go with this one is its smooth and fun ride. This is the best adult scooter because you can take it to the train station and fold it up as you hop on. Once you get off, you can pull it back out. Perfect for your commute to work.
|Fuzion Cityguide Adult Kick Scooter|
|Frame||Lightweight aluminum frame|
|Wheels||Oversized wheels built for traction|
|Brakes||Large rear brake|
|Weight||9.9 pounds (4.49 kg)|
5. Hudora RX-205 LUX
Recommended for: Travel/Work/School commuting
Standout features: three-second folding mechanism, 13.4″ x 5.5″ deck, lower deck that gets you from one place to the next easily
One of the big advantages of this scooter is how it comes with a shoulder strap, which makes it more useful for your commute on the way to work. It’s one of the best adult scooter options because of how you have a steady frame and a ride that moves swiftly. This model might not be for the person who doesn’t have the strength to fold or unfold the scooter. Some people reported having difficulty with this, but otherwise, it was a good scooter.
|Hudora RX-205 LUX|
|Frame||Lightweight aluminum frame low to the ground|
|Wheels||Big PU wheels that adapt to pavement of every kind|
|Brakes||Fender on the back wheel|
|Weight||8.8 pounds (4 kg)|
4. Mongoose Expo Scooter
Recommended for: Riders who want extra stability
Standout features: 12-inch (30.48 cm) tires filled with air, caliper handbrakes, maximum rider weight of 220 pounds (100 kg)
The package first came to the door with a lot of excitement. This scooter displays itself nicely right out of the box, and it will work best for those who want to do some freestyle stunts on their ride to work. However, when you first set out to assemble the Mongoose Expo Scooter, you have a fairly hard task. You have to put the brakes on the handles together as well.
|Mongoose Expo Scooter|
|Frame||BMX freestyle frame|
|Wheels||Tires of 12 inches (30.48 cm) filled with air|
|Brakes||Handbrakes on the handlebars|
|Weight||18 pounds (8.16 kg)|
3. SWAGTRON Swagger
- 8.5" PNEUMATIC TIRES - Making the GXL the ultimate commuting scooter for overcoming treacherous city streets
- 250 WATT MOTOR - Our most powerful scooter yet, the GXL has a top speed of 15.5MPH and holds a maximum of 220 lbs
- 36V BATTERY - The GXL travels up to 12.5 miles and recharges in about 4 Hours
- UL2271 CERTIFIED - Ride safe knowing our e scooter batteries are Underwriter Labs Certified
- PORTABLE DESIGN - The GXL Frame folds down and locks for easy storage making it a perfect commuting scooter. Scooter measures (44) inches high, (41) inches long and 6 inches wide when in riding mode. Scooter weighs (31) lbs.
Recommended for: extremely fast riders
Standout features: 250-watt motor, reaches up to 15 mph, eco-friendly scooter, tested for the maximum level of safety
This might be the best adult scooter for those who want a simple assembly process. It doesn’t take much to put this one together. You also have three different gears to choose from, and the fastest gear will have you racing at 16 mph. This model is also one the best adult scooter options because of how you can maximize your fun with it. At its fastest, you can reach 15 mph and accelerate fast.
|Frame||Steel T-tube and large frame|
|Weight||15 pounds (6.80 kg)|
2. Razor California Longboard
Recommended for: older skaters
Standout features: awesome stretch scooter with the perfect level of style, the rear fender brake has been patented, supports the weight of riders who are up to 220 pounds (100 kg).
Looking for a long and comfortable ride? If so, then you should look no further than the Razor California Longboard. This brilliant choice comes with a long base, and you have a place to rest both of your feet comfortable. This makes for one of the best adult scooter options because it helps to keep the rider in control at all times. Accommodates for riders who are of different heights. As the rider, however, you should understand your federal, state and local level regulations regarding these scooters.
|Razor California Longboard|
|Frame||Steel T-tube and large frame|
|Weight||9.2 pounds (4.17 kg)|
1. Exooter M2050
- High-Quality Aluminum material, Main Features: strong, durable, rust-proof .It is very light ( Weight: only 4KG ).
- Easy-Folding, the new folding design, just one step, you can fold the scooter with ease; you can keep it anywhere ,like in your cars, under your working desk, in the lockers, or take it to the subway and bus .
- Big PU wheels (205 mm), high elastic wear resistance, the handle wrapped by the soft sponge, truly reduce the bumps and vibration while sliding.
- 100Kg weight capacity, suitable for adults or children aged 10 and up.
- We are very confident in our products, Hudora is a very famous sport brand in Europe , we have kept cooperation for a long time; LIYU company only use the High-Quality materials, the products' quality are guaranteed. If you have any problems with your scooters, please contact us ,the warranty is free for one year from the date of purchase.
Recommended for: longer rides
Standout features: nice and lightweight, awesome shock absorbers to make the ride smoother, will fold and unfold without a problem.
Looking for one of the coolest looking and best adult scooter choices on the market today? If so, check out the Exooter M2050. You have dual suspension shocks, which makes for a fun and smooth ride on the road. At the same time, you reach high speeds fast. Tap a lever on the scooter, and you can fold it up easily. This scooter comes with a water bottle holder, which is great for those long days where you’re out with your buddies having a good time pulling off stunts and tricks. You can carry it easily for the maximum level of portability.
|Weight||18.3 pounds (8.3 kg)|
These are some of the best choices that you can get for a scooter. They were built and intended for adults, but even children can use them if they’d want. Do you have any experiences with these scooters? If so, we invite you to share your thoughts. Which is the best adult scooter in your opinion? We read and try to respond to all comments.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links from Amazon in this article and our website may receive a commission for purchases made through the links we shared. This partnership does NOT affect the price of the product, nor does it influence our objectivity, as we only review products we consider high-quality and ideal for all adventure-seekers.