People often select helmets that fit comfortably and securely around their head in order to maximize protection during times of need. Helmets also need to be breathable to prevent overheating during wear. This list highlights the best helmets on the market today for road bike riders based on customer reviews and experiences.
7. Base Camp Moon Road Bike Helmets
Recommended for: daytime bikers, men, women, and children
- Has built-in eye protection
- Includes dial to adjust the size
- Great for children and adults
This helmet is built with protection and comfort in mind. It has a high-performance pad design that is removable to increase comfort. The vents are specially designed to increase airflow that keeps your head cool as you ride. This is the best road bike helmet with built-in eye protection.
6. Gonex Cycling Road Helmet
Recommended for: nighttime riders
- Has a built-in light to help you see at night or in under-lit areas
- Includes internal adjustable regulator
- Lined with high-sided velvet
This is the best road bike helmet for protecting users against head impact. This helmet contains an EPS high-density foam inner casing and high-sided article velvet inside. These materials are combined with a high-quality PC + matt printing casing that provides maximum protection for users. This helmet comes in a variety of colors, each providing lasting comfort and breathability during wear.
5. Giro Savant Road Bike Helmet
Recommended for: professional riders
- Truly authentic design and style
- Unmatched performance
- One-of-a-kind Roc Loc 5 fit system included ensuring a perfect and comfortable fit
This polycarbonate helmet is the best road bike helmet for individuals who enjoy all-day rides. This helmet has a very sleek design that includes 24 vents to keep wearers’ heads cool no matter how hard they pedal. The helmet is extremely lightweight yet effective under strenuous conditions.
4. Gonex Cycling Bike Helmet
Recommended for: individuals on a budget
- An economical option for optimal protection
- The vibrant color combination ensures drivers can see you
- Lightweight design
This helmet by Gonex is the best road bike helmet for budget cautious individuals. It is lightweight and strong — containing one of the toughest fiber skeletons found in any helmet. This helmet is designed with 33 air vents that work to maximize airflow for a more comfortable fit and wear. There is minimal resistance in the air vents, which helps keep riders’ faces dry even on some of the hottest days.
Related: Best Bike Lights – Top 7 in 2018
3. Schwinn Thrasher Helmet
Recommended for: Individuals that sweat a lot while riding
- Contains built-in visor for sun protection
- Extremely easy to achieve a comfortable fit
- Padded interior is moisture-wicking
This is by far the best road bike helmet for achieving complete comfort. The Thrasher helmet is designed with 360-degree adjustability so you can customize the perfect fit for your head. This helmet is lined with moisture-wicking pads and ample vents that keep your head cool and comfortable as you go.
2. Kask Mojito Helmet
Recommended for: individuals with sensitive skin
- contains hypoallergenic chin strap
- Excellent visibility for motorists due to rear reflective stickers
- Protects the head and the back of the neck exceptionally well
The Mojito helmet by Kask is designed in Italy with style and comfort. Unlike other helmet designs, this one provides comfortable protection to the head as well as the back of the neck. Unfortunately for some, this helmet is one of the most expensive on the list today but it does provide the most coverage and protection for users.
1. TeamObsidian Premium Quality Airflow Bike Helmet
Recommended for: extreme bikers
- Extremely reliable shock absorption technology
- This helmet is extremely lightweight — coming in under 1-LB.
- True-to-size comfort during every wear
The helmet by TeamObsidian is extremely comfortable, cool, and reliable to wear. The helmet itself contains some of the latest technology in helmet design. This helmet includes American made EPS that is molded under pressure to provide a thicker and stronger layer of protection to keep riders safe. The interior design provides a closer and more comfortable fit compared to the competition.
This list contains seven of the best road helmet options available on the market. No matter what price range you are working with, this list is sure to have the perfect option for you. Although each of these helmets offers ample comfort and protection for riders, the TeamObsidian is far superior due to its construction, design, and comfort. Have you used any of the helmets on this list? Feel free to share your opinions on these and others you have used.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links from Amazon in this article and our website may receive a commission for purchases made through the links we shared. This partnership does NOT affect the price of the product, nor does it influence our objectivity, as we only review products we consider high-quality and ideal for all adventure-seekers.