This article will introduce you to a few of the best dirt scooter options available. They are listed starting with the most expensive, to help you assess your budget. Alternative methods of transportation have become increasingly popular lately. They are better for the environment, are a great way to get in some exercise, and are much more fun than driving. One of those methods is scooters.
You may know about or have seen traditional scooters but you may not know that there is a dirt scooter variation available. It is okay if you have not heard of them, they are a fairly new concept. Maybe you have passed up the option of a scooter because the terrain you can use them on is limited. Not with the new dirt scooters. They transcend beyond blacktop and help take you onto rougher land for more excitement.
1. Osprey Terrain Off Road Dirt Scooter
Recommended for: Stunts, rough terrain
- Rubber bar grips are large and locked with grip locks so that they give you terrific traction, inhibits slippage, and absorbs some of the shock associated with rough roads.
- Strong deck built to take hits from gravel and unforgiving terrain
- Heavy duty tires are knobby, allowing for a superior grip
Osprey boasts solid construction that can handle off-road terrain. Established in 1994, the Osprey brand has been a leading provider of water sports products including surfing and diving gear. They have since expanded to serve the skateboard and stunt scooter venues.
2. Grit D2 Dirt Pro Scooter
Recommended for: Intermediate to Advanced Riders
- Longer handlebars for taller riders
- Air filled grippy tires to give you a smooth ride even when you hit those gravel stones.
- Higher ground clearance than other dirt scooters
Grit has become one of the fastest extreme scooter brands in the industry. They offer a wide range of full scooter kits as well as replacement parts and upgrades. Their dedication to the product is reflected in this best dirt scooter model which sports the highest grade raw materials and is designed to get you over even the roughest surfaces.
3. Pulse Performance Products DX1 Freestyle Dirt Scooter
Recommended for: Over 7 years old, max weight of 180 pounds (81 kg)
- Extreme control with oversized tires and BMX style grips.
- Deck and reinforced composite hubs create an off-road capability
- Oversized tires give you great ground clearance and absorb shock and vibration
Pulse Performance Products entered the industry in 2007 and continue to turn out products that are innovative and unique. This best dirt scooter option gives you a fun and versatile ride where no terrain will prove to be a challenge.
Related: Best Bike GPS – Top 5 in 2018
4. Royal Scout Pro II Dirt Scooter
Recommended for: Children and adults, beginner to experienced riders, stunts, skate parks, off-road trails
- Comfort integration is shown with extra comfort grips and wider and taller bar
- Nearly a one and a half pound weight reduction from their first model
- Very attractive aesthetic design with Royal’s signature high polished metal finish.
This best dirt scooter is a second installment of the highly popular royal scout. The deck has been redone to include a new extrusion, an integrated headset, a CNC tube cutout, and reduced overall weight.
5. Razor Pro RDS Dirt Scooter
Recommended for: Off-road dirt trails, Ages 10 and up, Max weight 220 pounds (100 kg) (120 lb (54 kg) off-road conditions)
- A very budget friendly price point
- Air filled tires are forgiving when you hit sidewalk cracks, rocks, and roots
- Simple to learn to ride
- Oversized tires help you maintain balance much easier than solid tires
If you are a beginner and want to give off-road scooting a try, this best dirt scooter option will give you a durable and fun scooter at a price that won’t put a dent in your wallet. Perfect for any terrain and any type of weather this scooter won’t disappoint.
Related: Best Gravel Bikes – Top 7 in 2018
Take your adventures to the next level with a scooter built for off-road conditions. No more being restricted to the flat pavement, get out on gravel, dirt trails, and even bike ramp parks. This list of the best dirt scooters not only highlighted some great options, but it exposed you to the unique features available on these ultra-fun rides.
What type of off-roading have you done on your dirt scooter? Leave comments and experiences below for others considering dirt scooter purchase.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links from Amazon in this article and our website may receive a commission for purchases made through the links we shared. This partnership does NOT affect the price of the product, nor does it influence our objectivity, as we only review products we consider high-quality and ideal for all adventure-seekers.