The world of bicycling is experiencing lots of growth. It is a greener functional form of transportation, a fun way to get in shape, or an adventure on wheels. Have you ever thought about taking your cycling to the next level? One way to up your cycling game is to take a longer route. Long distance routes may be worrisome for many because of the fear of getting lost. That’s where the best bike GPS modules come in. Release your fear and go out into the world with one of these best bike GPS systems highlighted in this article. They are listed from lowest to highest price for your convenience.
1. Holux Bike GPSport 260
- Compact easy-to-use GPS bike computer
- Simplified, rugged design with 1.8” display that’s crisp and easy to read in sunlight or low-light conditions
- With GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellites and an altimeter, you’ll know how far, fast, hard and high you’ve ridden on the longest climbs or on your way through the city
- Compatible with varia cycling awareness accessories, including rearview Radar and smart bike lights
- Connected features when using a compatible device include smart notifications, weather and more; live track and assistance Features make it easy to share your location
Recommended for: Sports-related activities
- In addition to the compass and GPS, this GPS gadget keeps track of Speed, Time, Distance, Altitude, Barometric Pressure.
- Has a backlight so that you can even run during dark hours
- You can use the plot mode to track your altitude, speed, time and distance.
Holux brings you a budget-priced gadget that does it all. Perfect for multiple sports, this tracks everything from time and distance to altitude. This best bike GPS has a course guide so you never get lost on your longer rides. The GPSport is chock full of helpful features so you can track your progress.
2. Beeline – Smart Compass Navigation
- SIMPLE NAVIGATION FOR ANY BIKE - clear, intuitive interface that can be understood instantly at a glance
- NOT JUST NAVIGATION - speedometer, odometer, timer and clock
- ROBUST FOR CYCLING - waterproof, shockproof, 30hr battery life, no data connection/reception required
- SIMPLE ROUTE PLANNING - either build your own bike route, or import from Google, Starve, or other sources using GPX
- RIDE TRACKING - record all your rides, save them in the app or export to Starve
Recommended for: Bicycling
- Easily attaches to any bicycle handlebar
- Has many helpful features and still maintains a lower price point than many other units.
- Long battery life gives you up to four weeks with daily use.
- Enjoy the convenience of automatic calibration
Beeline compass GPS is a small and simple compact unit. Do not let it fool you. It will take you where you need to go with its simple mode- Just follow the arrow. It will also count down the distance you have left on your journey. With a quick set up through the use of an app and you will be on your way in just a few minutes.
Related: Best Road Bike Tires – Top 5 in 2018
3. Garmin eTrex 20x
- UPGRADED DISPLAY - Features a 2.2” 65K color sunglight readable display offering increased resolution (240 x 320 pixels)
- LOAD MORE MAPS - Large 3.7 GB of internal memory and microSD card slot lets you load a variety of maps, including TOPO 24K, HuntView, BlueChart g2, City Navigator NT and BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required)
- PRELOADED BASEMAP - Includes a worldwide basemap with shaded relief. Display size:1.4 x 1.7 inches
- KEEP YOUR FIX - With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver, HotFix satellite prediction and GLONASS support, eTrex locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its location even in heavy cover and deep canyons
- Included Components: Documentation
Recommended for: ATVs, bicycles, boats, cars or hot air balloons, hunting, hiking
- Bright, 65K color, 2.2 inch screen with 240 by 320px screen resolution
- WAAS-enabled GPS receiver that has HotFix and GLONASS support allowing you to receive information twenty percent faster than regular GPS
- Includes a track log that holds 10 thousand points and 200 tracks
Garmin has upgraded their popular e Trex GPS unit giving it additional features such as more memory and an improved screen. Perfect for your bike trails or even in a vehicle, this GPS is sensitive and will keep you on track.
4. Garmin Edge 520 GPS
Recommended for: Bicycling, fitness
- Challenge yourself with Strata live built right into the module
- Brightness adjustable so that you can see the screen even in bright sunlight conditions
- Has a heart monitor function. (Must purchase a chest strap which is sold separately)
- The GPS feature will measure distance, speed and time. The cadence sensor included in the bundle will measure rotations per minute and is used as an exercise tool to help you become a stronger and more capable cyclist.
Garmin is known for their high-quality GPS units. Thus, it is no wonder they claim 2 slots in this short best bike gps list. This GPS may be a bit more on the expensive side but with so many features, the price is justified.
5. Wahoo ELEMNT GPS
- Download, pair, configure and ride! Wahoo's free companion app automates pairing and manages the configuration process for fast, frustration free setup.
- Automatic route downloads and uploads when sync'd with compatible third party apps (Strava, RideWithGPS, Best Bike Split, Komoot, and more).
- Automatic route downloads and uploads with compatible third party apps -Strava, RideWithGPS, Best Bike Split, Komoot, Singletracks, MTB Project+
- Build a route and get pop-up and LED notifications on screen so you never miss a turn. Use the ELEMNT to control non-Wahoo Smart Trainers that are equipped with ANT+ FE-C.
- Fully integrates with Strava Live Segments to give you accurate progress status and the Final Push to beat your goals.
Recommended for: Bicycling
- Downloadable companion app makes configuration easy and fast
- Sync with third-party apps such as Strava to get automatic route downloads
- The rechargeable battery means it is completely wireless
- Larger screen than most other GPS with a 2.7-inch display bright enough to see in sunlight
One of the best bike GPS systems out there, Wahoo has packed this device with all sorts of goodies. Turn by turn navigation and many third-party apps to choose from, your ride will no longer be the same old thing.
It doesn’t matter if you are an old pro or if you are just getting into the bicycling game, a GPS can open up your routes and give your ride a fresh and exciting destination. No more anxiety about going too far or changing course and getting lost, turn by turn navigation and compass features will keep you on track so you can focus on your ride and enjoy it.
What are your favorite bicycle GPS features? Please leave comments in the box below.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links from Amazon in this article and our website may receive a commission for purchases made through the links we shared. This partnership does NOT affect the price of the product, nor does it influence our objectivity, as we only review products we consider high-quality and ideal for all adventure-seekers.
Last update on 2021-05-15 at 20:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API